On Birthdays

Today is my birthday.  I love birthdays. I love other people's birthdays more than my own. I enjoy celebrating other people on their special day. I always have. I make a big deal about other people's birthdays, even when they might wish I wouldn't.

I haven't minded this process of getting older so much. While there are certainly things that I wish didn't happen with age that do, generally speaking, I'm OK with it. I take care of myself and I find the humor in what I can't change. And laughter keeps you young at heart, right?

I do remember being a kid and thinking how very old 38 seemed. 38 doesn't seem so old anymore. Funny how that perception changes.

This year, as I celebrate the day of my birth, I am reminded of how easily I could have never celebrated this day again (or any day) and I think of my parents, my children, my friends and family, and I am so grateful to be celebrating this year. I am so thankful to have another year to celebrate.

I don't intend to do anything much - I'm just going to spend the evening with the people that mean the most to me, doing something that is fun for them. I'm going to sit back and watch my kids play on the beach and eat pizza and I'm going to be so happy that I get to spend this moment with them.

That will be a perfect way to celebrate a birthday I am lucky I have!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Hardest Thing Ever

On Love and Loss

On The Family I Picked