On the Post-Party Break Up

As it turns out, the Pinterest that I developed a relationship with was one that was kind, imaginative, and giving. I was able to create a Minecraft birthday party that made Simon, and his friends, incredibly happy.

But, even though the relationship wasn't bad and I got a lot out of it, it's not one I can or want to sustain. So, I'm breaking up with Pinterest.

Pinterest, it's not you, it's me. I hope you don't take it personally. I know there are tons of other people who would love to have a relationship with you, one where they can be completely devoted to you. I cannot do that.

You gave me good ideas. You helped me create something special for someone I love. You, for one brief afternoon, made me a really cool mom. You brought out a lot of good in me. For all of these things, I appreciate you.    

Unfortunately, you also brought out a lot of qualities that I'd prefer not to be faced with day-to-day. I became competitive, not just with the other relationships you formed relative to Minecraft, but with myself (and way worse than usual). I kept having to do more, having to create more, having to make sure it was the best Minecraft party any of these kids have ever seen or will ever see. It was starting to get out of control. My stress-levels, over a 9 year old birthday party, were through the roof. I'm guessing, one more week of this, and I might have ended up needing a very long vacation, by myself. After the party, I certainly needed a bottle of wine!

So, I am sorry Pinterest. You and I are not going to be life-long partners. I may occasionally call on you again. Maybe we can stay friends - you know the kind of friends that only talk once or twice a year, or once every five years. We're both better off this way. You'll find someone new who can be way more devoted and interested in all you have to offer. I am just not that person. Goodbye Pinterest. I'd like to say I'll miss you, but I won't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Hardest Thing Ever

On Love and Loss

On The Family I Picked